Friday, August 23, 2013

See Jane Get Artsy


Today I finally put my Pinterest boards to good use and made dorm decorations. It was partly because I loved the ideas that have been building up on my "College Bound" board, and partly because most of my friends have left for school and I wanted to feel productive.

So... tada!



To make the chevron paintings I used masking tape to make lines across the canvases. Then, I used scissors to cut off the unnecessary tape. I painted two layers over each chevron canvas. As soon as the paint dried, I pulled off the tape and voila!


If you know me, you know how much I love a little sparkle! So the sparkly canvas was a necessity. First, I painted the canvas "Tahiti Blue." Then, I tried to use tacky glue to make the glitter stay, but it was pretty ineffective. So I pulled out the old modge-podge glue and painted a layer above and below the glitter and now the sparkles stay in place and don't get all over the place!


Finally, I saw the "You gotta love..." idea on Pinterest and I thought it was just too cute to not try. I used a pencil to trace the "Love" and then pulled out my sharpies to decorate. There are over 150 words on that canvas, all of them things that I absolutely love.



So there you go- I might still have a month before I leave but I'm already in the college spirit!

Thanks for reading!
Xoxo,
Jane Kennedy
NAM Miss California Teen 2013

1 comment: