Saturday, August 31, 2013

Marina Labor Day Parade

This morning I had the opportunity to ride in the Marina Labor Day Celebration Parade with my Pre-Teen sister queen, Lyndsey. Since I have always wanted to be in a parade I was super excited- it was even more exciting that I got to represent National American Miss! A huge "Thank You" goes out to Marina mayor, Bruce Delgado, who welcomed us so warmly to his town and even gave us certificates for participating! Thank you also to my mom and Lyndsey's family who all drove out to Marina to support us and cheer us on. After the parade, we attended the festival and got to meet lots of adorable young girls who asked us millions of questions, including "Do you live in a castle?" "Are those real diamonds in your tiara?" and my favorite "Are you real princesses?"





After the festival (and some delicious Marianne's Ice Cream) we headed to my favorite place in the world, the Ocean Avenue beach in Carmel. Lyndsey and I had a blast taking photos in the waves (even though I got soaked). I loved bonding with my sister queen- she is one of the most genuine, intelligent, and kindhearted young girls I have ever met. I am so excited to share this year with her!








Thanks for reading! 
Xoxo,
Jane Kennedy
NAM Miss California Teen 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment