Sunday, August 11, 2013

Foster-A-Dream School Supplies

Community Service is a very important part of our score at National American Miss. Each year thousands of books, stuffed animals, and school supplies are collected at state pageant across the nation. As the Miss California Teen titleholder, I had the opportunity to distribute the collected supplies, books, and toys. With the help of my brothers, I organized 10 boxes from the North California pageant:



Then, we headed to Foster-A-Dream's Operation Backpack school supply drive. They were so excited to receive 5 boxes full of backpacks, notebooks, binders, and more.



On August 7, I was invited back to help distribute the backpacks. Foster-A-Dream collected 878 backpacks full of school supplies to give out to foster children and homeless children from all over California. Although I can't post pictures of the children I worked with for privacy reasons, I can say that they were all so sweet and grateful for Foster-A-Dream's help. 



I had so much fun representing National American Miss and helping Foster-A-Dream! I can't wait to go back and help them for their Winter Wonderland project this December.

Follow me on Instagram @janekennedyy and Twitter @janekennedyy for more updates on my year!

To learn more about Foster-A-Dream, check out their website http://www.fosteradream.org/

Thanks for reading! 
Xoxo,
Jane Kennedy
NAM Miss California Teen 2013-2014


No comments:

Post a Comment