Sunday, August 11, 2013

Diablo Day Camp

For the past 12 years, I have spent the first week of August at Diablo Day Camp- first as a camper, and later as an "Elf," or Jr. Counselor. This past week marked my sixth and final year as an elf, and it was bittersweet saying goodbye to a place that is so engrained in my childhood.

As a leader with a passion for service, I have always looked forward to working with my ten and eleven year old girls each summer. I remember being that age and looking up to my elves, leaders, and the other girls at camp, and that motivated me to serve as a positive role model for my campers.

I hope to be able to return to camp next year as a leader, but if not I will definitely be visiting the place that had such a huge impact on my life!

2003-2013: Transformation time with my best friend Rachel!
At the top of the "Extreme Hike" with my girls!

Charlotte and Eva saying goodbye- the sweetest girls you will ever meet!
Collage of my 12 years at camp!

Follow me on Instagram @janekennedyy and Twitter @janekennedyy for more updates on my year!

Thanks for reading!
Xoxo,
Jane Kennedy
NAM Miss California Teen 2013-2014

No comments:

Post a Comment