Sunday, March 2, 2014

UCSB Dance Marathon 2014: Dancing for Those Who Can't

Last night we made history as the first ever Dance Marathoners at UCSB! It was a night full of music, live entertainment, games, crafts, food, and of course dancing!

Dance Marathon is a nationwide charity dance event, where university students stay on their feet for a specific amount of time and dance "for the kids." It takes place at over 150 schools, and has raised over $100,000,000.00 for children's hospitals across the nation! I was so excited to hear that UCSB would be starting a marathon of their own this year, and I joined the "Real G.T.A" team with a bunch of other UCSB tour guides. Our team actually raised the most money at the event, so way to go G.T.A!

Jess and I before DM began!
Repping DG and APhi at Dance Marathon!
Amanda and I won South Coast Deli gift cards in a game wooo! 
My dance buddy, Jess and I! 
Check out those fluffies... Haha!
THE REAL G.TA. DOMINATED DANCE MARATHON
Dancing the night away!
Two hours left and the dance floor was hopping 
Me, Jess, and Irene taking a breather
We raised $12,791- more than doubling our goal and the
 average of first time Dance Marathons on College Campuses!
Nope... I'm not getting up.
Thank you to everyone who planned the event. You pulled off an incredible feat and it was an amazing experience! I can't wait for next year(:

If you want to learn more about Dance Marathon or Children's Miracle Network, visit their websites:
http://dancemarathon.com/
http://childrensmiraclenetworkhospitals.org/

And of course, be sure to connect with me on social media!
Twitter @janekennedyy
Instagram @janekennedyy

Thanks for reading!!
Jane Kennedy
NAM Miss California Teen 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment